My Introduction to Pokemon

My school, although in a third world country was like most schools; nobody drove a camel there, we had a gymnasium, a parking lot and a playground, and in that playground we like many other schools, had gangs. But unlike other schools, who had numerous gangs of 16 year old menaces to society, we had two gangs of 3rd graders. The Pokemon gang which was composed of three poor little shits and the immense star wars gang.



There were regular gang battles(much to the Pokemon gangs dismay)that usually ended with preemptive detention and a ban on fraternizing with the enemy. Being the curious bugger i was,one recess I crept up to them (thinking i was the sneakiest life-form ever conceived) and began my investigation on these
"losers"


My infiltration was to me... Successful, but as with most half assed sappy movies, eventually we became fast
friends, as close as Jackie Chan and that black guy.


Although that was my introduction to the word Pokemon, you would have to fast forward four years into the future to a fateful Thursday to find me undergo the mental transition of Pokemon changing from an anime about a kid who sounds like he's been gargling razor blades to an epic game that turns cute animals into gladiators fighting for your pleasure with the loser being robbed of his dignity and money


and it all began with Pokemon Colosseum 2, a controller in my hand and a test of loyalty to the old gang. (Y'know what, i have tried three analogies to attempt to describe the speed and brutality of my turning against my old gang, none were remotely funny. i just turned against my old gang very quickly and brutally) . I was scared though, it really was terrifying to me,a whole new experience. I felt i needed a tether to attach me to what i know. That tether was Chewbacca. When i saw the legendary beast of fire, for some reason i thought: this guy could totally rip out a few Stormtroopers arms out, and so Chewbacca II was born. As i got more absorbed I developed new loves, but my heart will always be with Chewbacca.



No comments:

Post a Comment